APS Business Consultant
Job description and responsibilities
As an APS Business Consultant you are responsible for implementing DELMIA Quintiq software at our customers. Our customers are market leading companies ranging from mid-sized to large international ones that have complex planning needs related to their manufacturing and/or logistic processes. You are able to quickly understand business processes, discover optimization potential, define, design and communicate the solution to developers as well as to the customer. You discuss optimization solutions with management as well as planners. You enjoy advanced planning and scheduling, you enjoy solving algorithmic puzzles.
Although you are based in Athens, you work with colleagues and customers around the world, and you need to do quite some international travel to and from customer sites. Presenting a vision for the APS needs of customers
Your responsibilities include:
- Presenting a vision for the APS needs of customers
- Becoming the sparring partner for the planning department of the customer for all their planning challenges
- Taking ownership of your solution and being fuctional responsible within the implementation team
- Gathering clear customer requirements within the project scope
- Documenting the conceptual, logical and technical architecture for the project
- Implementing cutting edge industry solutions for challenging custoner problems
- Defining and executing clear tests of your designed solutions
- Training customers in the use of their new solutions
- Forming a long-lasting working relationship with the customer
MSc or equivalent in Computer Science, Operations Research, Econometrics, Industrial Engineering, Computational Engineering, Software Engineering, Mathematics or Physics – recent graduates are also welcome to apply.
High abstraction and analytic ability, knowledge of mathematical optimization techniques, experience with object-oriented modeling and programming (UML), affinity with logistics and/or manufacturing, customer oriented and driven to achieve results, relevant work experience as IT- or Business Consultant or as a manager in Logistics or Manufacturing. Excellent communication skills and command of English language. An additional European language (German or Italian) will be considered as an asset. Flexible and willing to travel.
2+ years’ experience in:
- Software design
- Object-oriented modeling and programming
- Mathematical optimization techniques
- Working with planning and scheduling tools
- Customer-facing work in a consultancy role
- Customer orientation and drive to achieve results
Nature of the job
We offer a full-time job, with excellent salary and working conditions commensurate with experience and education, flexible working hours. We provide an environment where self-reliant people will be well rewarded.
This role is primarily based in Athens, Greece, but you will be expected to work with colleagues in Europe. Some travel to and from customer sites in Europe will be required.
For consideration, please send a cover letter stating why you are applying for this position and a Curriculum Vitae (2 page maximum) to careers[at]whisco.eu